PDA

View Full Version : Lower sac shuttle

Chris Gearhart
10-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Does anyone have any info on shuttles for the lower sac? In particular the the lower drits(Red Bluff). I am looking for options other than the Fly Shop. Any help would be great.

Chris

StevenB
10-28-2011, 07:56 AM
Probably be slow and expensive but one thing about fishing a river that runs thru town, You can try calling a taxi. Had to do that once years ago when I rented a raft from that place that used to be on Park Marina Drive back before the cold water device made the river too cold for summer rafting and swimming.
They had a shuttle bus that would pick up the rafts and rafters at Anderson river park and bring them back up to Redding. We got to the take out later than the last bus run (Bus stopped running at 6:30, we got to the take out closer to 8:00).
So called a taxi to get back to my car in Redding, then drove back down to Anderson to get my buddy and the raft. Strapped the raft to the top of the 4-runner and drove it back into Redding. Raft rental place was closed so we just tossed the raft over their fence and went home. Expected to hear from the raft rental place about where their raft was but never did, I guess they found it.

Randy B
10-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Let me know if you find a shuttle option for the Lower Sac. Swore I'd never use them again after the attitude we got from them last Sunday.

Fish Head
11-10-2011, 09:07 PM
The Fly Shop runs shuttles on all drift options on the L Sac. They are a little pricey, but consistently follow through and are reliable. The price depends on how far the subtle run is. Just show up at the shop in the morning and set up your shuttle options. You put your boat in the water, they pick up your vehicle and drop it off where. You plan to take out.

NorCalDrifter56
11-21-2011, 04:49 PM
I live and fish in Redding and float enough to know where all the ramps are. Contact me and we can talk about it.

Thanks,

Curt
530-604-6854

Lance Gray
11-21-2011, 10:08 PM
I use The Fly Shop whenever I need a shuttle. John Deitz does most of the shuttles and I trust him 100%. It might be a little prices folks but think about it. Two people have to drive to your truck, then drive to the take out and then drive back to the shop. 2 people for at least 30 minutes and gas. They should make some money.

Great service, great reliablity and great friends.

Highly recommended.

Lance Gray
530-517-2204
http://www.lancegrayandcompany.com