PDA

View Full Version : Galvan Spoke 8 green/black fly reel on sale

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-18-2011, 06:47 PM
It is a good #7/8 line size reel for fresh water.

Nice for a small two-handed rod......

NIB

Reg $450

Now $299

burl51
10-22-2011, 09:53 AM
I checked on galvans site and the largest I saw was spoke 6. Size 8 would be great if available could ya post a pic of the reel and the box

thanks Burl

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-22-2011, 04:07 PM
Still have it.............it's beautiful in black with green spokes and brand new.

http://www.galvanflyreels.com/index.php/reels/Spoke/

The Spoke series has a smaller drag so it is good for light to medium drag settings.

Nice for trout, bass and steelhead....

Not for saltwater or King salmon.

The Rush and the Torque are the ones with the big drag systems.

Jay Murakoshi
10-23-2011, 07:54 AM
I believe they discontinued the spoke 8 last year. I have two of them and they are my main work horse next to the T10's. Great reel, great company, great family

Jay

throssing
12-20-2014, 04:16 PM
Bill

I'm guessing that this sold long ago. If not, could you please let me know?

Tom
throssing@msn.com
It is a good #7/8 line size reel for fresh water.

Nice for a small two-handed rod......

NIB

Reg $450

Now $299

Hatch
12-20-2014, 06:22 PM
This Reel, in the 8 size, was discontinued because Boni was afraid that the extra pieces of the "Spoke" design would not stand up to the rigors of Salt Water fishing.... that some 8wt reels get to! I have 4 of them and they are one of my favorite reels on the planet. I have used them in the salt and they have performed fine. Yes, there are more pieces than the Torque or the Rush series, but I have had NO issues with them. They now live on my 7wt. Shad outfits and are perfect for that application. With the low start up inertia on the drag of this reel, and it's low weight, the "8" size would be Bad Ass on a light two handed rod!!!
That Reel, In Green, In the 8 size, is VERY rare and if I did not already have a bunch of them I would snatch it up IMMEDIATELY!!
HATCH