PDA

View Full Version : Crowley Lake - Nice Browns! [PICTURES]

ryanerb
10-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Just wrote up this report, however, it was fishing from last weekend.
Enjoy!
http://californiafishingblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/fall-fishing-trip-2011-eastern-sierras.html

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-17-2011, 07:32 AM
Nice looking pictures....thanks.

catch&release
10-17-2011, 08:16 PM
Great pictures and great trip. thanks for sharing

The algae has pretty much cleared and the fishing has gotten alot better. Stripping still the best way however fishing into the holes in the weed beds have been holding alot of the bigger fish 18" and over.

You guys should try to come up one more time before the end of the season.

The weeds will be around until the closing and that is very rare for the end of the season. Should be a great closing few weeks.

Ernie

Morgan
10-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Awesome thread and write up. WOuld love to hear more.

IF the girlfriend is outta town a buddy and I may be doing a e. walker/crowley/hot creek weekend. Fingers crossed :)

ryanerb
10-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Great pictures and great trip. thanks for sharing

The algae has pretty much cleared and the fishing has gotten alot better. Stripping still the best way however fishing into the holes in the weed beds have been holding alot of the bigger fish 18" and over.

You guys should try to come up one more time before the end of the season.

The weeds will be around until the closing and that is very rare for the end of the season. Should be a great closing few weeks.

Ernie

Ernie, sounds like you fish there quite a bit. We'll see if we can make it up one more time, might be a bit tough with this full time job :) haha

ryanerb
10-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Awesome thread and write up. WOuld love to hear more.

IF the girlfriend is outta town a buddy and I may be doing a e. walker/crowley/hot creek weekend. Fingers crossed :)

Hopefully you can go, let us know how you do! Take some pics!

catch&release
10-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Ryan, I have fished Crowley alot in the past ten years. Its a great lake and the size of the fish just keeps getting better and better. I will be up this weekend for three days. Will be camping out at greenbanks. If you see a Boston Whaler or an old green faded out Super Fat Cat, come over and say hello.

Ernie

ryanerb
10-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Ryan, I have fished Crowley alot in the past ten years. Its a great lake and the size of the fish just keeps getting better and better. I will be up this weekend for three days. Will be camping out at greenbanks. If you see a Boston Whaler or an old green faded out Super Fat Cat, come over and say hello.

Ernie
It would be fun to catch up someday, seems like you might know all the good secrets to the lake. I only fish up there 1 to a few times a year, I wish it was more. I won't be able to make it this weekend, I'll be in LA for a birthday. Keep us posted how you do. But if you ever do see me up there, look for me in my grey porta-bote or a green fat cat... I guess my true signature though is that white hat ;)

Dave Neal
10-23-2011, 09:11 PM
I dig that first Crowley shot! Nice light and snow on the peaks behind!!

Looks like you found some nice brownies, too!! Crowley is such an incredible fishery, eh??