PDA

View Full Version : North/East Delta Report

Hatch
10-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Headed out to the North/East side for a few hours with Striper Sniper regular and Kiene's board member MAlbers. We only had 3.5 hours of fishing time due to kids, soccer, plays, dogs, wives, yard work and other stuff that interferes with the constant pursuit of quality striper hunting, anyway. We arrived at our first stop near the bottom of the tide and worked hard for a few dinks and a small LMB. Then I hooked a decent sized striper the turned into a 6# jack King Salmon while I was reeling it in. Half pissed off that it was not a striper and half thrilled that it was a salmon. We saw at least 6 other salmon breaching and rolling and one that chased my bluegill patterned fly all the way to the boat before it got spooked. MAlbers was throwing one of my XI3 8wts with a new Rio OBS type 6 on it (has to be one of the sweetest combos available) and having a good time throwing most casts the whole length of the line with ease. He had set his alarm on his phone to let us know when we had to leave and with about 5 casts left, his A.S.S. fly found its way in to a decent fish. A solid 6#er. The alarm went off and he finished fighting his fish and it was time to get back to real life. Stinks!!
Fun times. Thank you MAlbers.
HATCH

malbers
10-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Another fabulous trip to the delta, thanks for the good time. Weather couldn't have been better.