PDA

View Full Version : trinity 10/9

joshfish
10-09-2011, 04:36 PM
hit the trinity today. wanted to try and get an early start this year. started down below big bar and fished my way back up to the north fork. there are lots of smolts in the system. packed it in at the north fork because i was tired of catching smolts instead of adults. almost ervery cast one would snatch the fly before anything else had a chance. saw lots of salmon and lots of people fishing for them. all the ones i saw were dark. nothing silver. ill probably give it 3 weeks before i head over again.

NCL
10-10-2011, 05:05 AM
Josh,

Thanks for the report. Good chatting with you an Saturday. Did your boy win his game?

Mitch

joshfish
10-11-2011, 05:15 PM
it was nice talking with you also. as for my sons game we did not win. played a tough team and they capitalized on a few mistakes we made.

NCL
10-12-2011, 06:07 AM
Fished it yesterday and the smolts are still out in force, no grabs from there larger relatives. The water is high and a very slight off color.Be interesting to see how the lower flows effect the fishing. I saw several fishermen throughout the whole system which surprised me on a Tuesday.