PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Creek

Troutstalker55B
10-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Does anyone know if the Kokanee Salmon are running up Taylor Creek yet? I've always wanted to check that out. Thanks in advance,

Jon.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Not sure but this is the time.......

OceanSunfish
10-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Check out Kokanee Power website.

In the meantime, it's my understanding that the fish are "ripe" earlier this year. In fact, egg taking on the tribs to Stampede maybe already happening with Taylor Creek a couple weeks to follow.

Troutsource
10-07-2011, 02:49 PM
I went to the Tahoe Salmon Festival last weekend and they were there in good numbers. There weren't many carcasses, so I'd assume there will still be a decent amount there this weekend.

jayclarkflyfishing
10-08-2011, 06:49 AM
Check out Kokanee Power website.

In the meantime, it's my understanding that the fish are "ripe" earlier this year. In fact, egg taking on the tribs to Stampede maybe already happening with Taylor Creek a couple weeks to follow.

They are taking eggs on the Upper Little Truckee at this time. I understand that the bears are thick there as well eating koke's that are trapped between two weirs. Also, the roads in are difficult to drive on right now due to this weeks storms and there is still snow on the ground.

Jay

Troutstalker55B
10-08-2011, 07:34 AM
Thanks guys! I have seen them in small numbers on Eagle Creek, a small trib to the main stream of the upper Trinity - Really cool!

Jon.