PDA

View Full Version : Tube Trade?

DFrink
10-05-2011, 09:40 AM
I have a Classic Accessories Kennebec that I would be willing to trade for a smaller (or at least lighter) tube (which can also be a lower end tube)? Anyone looking to upgrade? I recently got a Fish Cat 4, and now need something more packable.

Also willing to sell, make an offer?

Dan

DFrink
10-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Bump Bump Bump.

SHigSpeed
10-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Keep your eyes open for a Creek Co. U-tube. Bare bones model is right around 6-7 lbs. Vinyl bladder donuts are pretty light too, but they're donuts!

My donut is stupid light, but the tradeoff ALMOST isn't worth it. ;)

_SHig

SHigSpeed
10-10-2011, 03:58 PM
I have a Classic Accessories Kennebec that I would be willing to trade for a smaller (or at least lighter) tube (which can also be a lower end tube)? Anyone looking to upgrade? I recently got a Fish Cat 4, and now need something more packable.

Also willing to sell, make an offer?

Dan

Oh, and if you don't mind packing a 14 lb tube, DEFINITELY get the inflatable seats for that tube. Shrinks down a LOT without the foam seats. Also, if you get a U-tube, you can use the inflatable seat to get you out of the water and unsqueeze your ass!

_SHig

DFrink
10-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Oh, and if you don't mind packing a 14 lb tube, DEFINITELY get the inflatable seats for that tube. Shrinks down a LOT without the foam seats. Also, if you get a U-tube, you can use the inflatable seat to get you out of the water and unsqueeze your ass!

_SHig

SHig,

I have the inflatable seats, and I've packed it in a few times this fall. My biggest problem is the size. I was looking at a Creek Company Round tube (pretty light at 6lbs, and probably packs smaller than my tube)? If nothing else I am going to invest in a larger external frame pack. Since I use an internal frame pack mostly (which won't even come close to holding my Fish Cat), the only external I have was a hand me down and the tube BARELY fits into the top part of the pack.

Dan

Jimmie
10-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Dan,

I have an older caddis tube (w/o the innertube) that I no longer use as I have a fishcat. Let me know if you are interested.

Take Care,

Jimmie

DFrink
10-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Jimmie, PM sent.