PDA

View Full Version : Safe and Secure Launch Sites

matooka
09-26-2011, 09:24 AM
Hello All,

I would like to introduce my 10 year old son to Striper Fishing around the mouth of the American, or Yuba rivers. Would also like to have some "Peace of Mind" knowing that the vehicle is securely parked. Never a sure bet...I know. Any launch ramps in these areas that you'd recommend. Thanks.

Matooka

Tony Buzolich
09-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Matooka,

You just said it yourself,"Never a sure bet". Anywhere there is low-life living or residing near the water you're going to have a higher crime rate. Vehicles left unsecured are easy targets as has been posted numerous times on our board, especially along the American because of the high population base of Sacramento. Every boat ramp I use regularly has broken glass in the parking lot from car windows being busted.

Fortunately, and luckily, I've never had a broken window. I have had pry marks on my side door where some one tried to pop the lock. Once, I actually turned to look back at my truck when heading down to the water and there was a guy with a slim-jim trying to get in and I was only a hundred yards away.

If you have a nice vehicle, or, if you leave anything inside of it that looks tempting, you can bet that some of these a*&%^&es have already eye-balled it too.

If you can park in a well lit area, very public with lots of traffic coming and going in the parking lot, you have a slightly better chance. Even guarded lauches and parking lots are not impervius though. Just park in the most open space you can and cross your fingers. I do, every time I go out.
TONY

ssy
09-26-2011, 12:34 PM
I launch at Discovery Park a lot and have never had any problems. It's very busy this time of year so it should be okay.

wishnbfishn
09-26-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm thinking of getting a state of the art proximity triggered alarm system with a million decibel (OK... I exagerrate) "make your ears bleed" train horn, so the a**holes will think twice before they try and break in to my nice looking truck.

Judging by the reports I have been hearing, sadly, that may not even do the trick. Maybe I need to get a hoopty for pulling the boat and leave the windows down.

Wishnbfishn

Jeff C.
09-26-2011, 10:27 PM
"......and a $20 dollar bill on the driver's seat." said Bill Kiene in his shop one day as he was telling me about a spot on the A.