PDA

View Full Version : Yuba Report 9/24

Ned Morris
09-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Fished below Deguerre Saturday 7-Noon. Fished first riffle below the bluff thinking egg bite might be happening. First run.....nothing. Then I really wonder. No salmon, not even redds anywhere to be seen. Switch to surface even though 0 activity and no bugs, first cast with Rubber Legged Golden Stone BANG! Got 4 all between 14"-18" in about and hour and lost half a dozen as well in following hours. One really good one excess of 20". It all shuts down by 11:00am. There it is, NO EGG BITE. I have to say I walked all the way to the dam from about a 3/4 mile down. Saw not one salmon or redd anywhere. Even at lunch when light was perfect from atop the Bluff, I looked for 15 minutes, saw nothing. Stared at the dam for 1/2 hour eating lunch. Never saw one Salmon samck it. This is a first for me in 15 years fishing Sept./Oct there. Really scary if you ask my opinion. Salmon should be thick this time of year even below the dam.

Big Jim
09-25-2011, 11:22 PM
troutdog.

how do you walk in there?

Jim

Ned Morris
09-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Cost is $350 a year

Notch
09-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Maybe all the spring-run took advantage of the high flows this spring and are staging to spawn above Hwy. 20? That seems to be the most productive holding/spawning habitat on the river, compared to below Daguerre Dam. If the numbers of fall-run salmon being caught in the Bay and lower river are any indication of things to come, there should be plenty of eggs on their way for the trout.