PDA

View Full Version : Need a 4-piece rod tube ASAP

daveiam
09-15-2011, 11:32 AM
I saw this on Craigslist Sacramento. I don't have an extra 4-piece rod tube, so I thought someone on this forum may be able to help:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/spo/2600152158.html

Jay Murakoshi
09-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Just sent him an email. I have a bunch of aluminum tubes for 4 piece rods, the smaller trout size. They are not designed for the larger rods. I would say a 5wt or 6 wt would be the max.

Jay

DFrink
09-15-2011, 12:25 PM
You're the man Jay!

Just sent him an email. I have a bunch of aluminum tubes for 4 piece rods, the smaller trout size. They are not designed for the larger rods. I would say a 5wt or 6 wt would be the max.

Jay

Jay Murakoshi
09-15-2011, 02:09 PM
But he's leaving on saturday and I know if I shipped from Fresno it wouldn't be there by Sat.
Anyone in Sac have one available. If you have one and can get it to him, I'd give you a new aluminum tube for a 4 piece rod. Like I mentioned, I think the tube will handle up to a 5 wt 6wt could be pushing it

Jay

RandyS
09-15-2011, 02:14 PM
I'm an hour farther South than Jay, but would be willing to call the shop (kienes) and pay for one if somebody would pick it up and get it to this young man.

RandyS

Mike O
09-15-2011, 02:20 PM
Emailed him for his location specifics

FISHEYE
09-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Unitl I clicked on the craigslist link I could not understand why you guys were getting all working up over a %%$#@ rod case. Now that I have read the link I want to say I am proud of you all.

Several of my close friends, all Vietnam vets, are heavily involved with project healing waters. They say it helps them as much as it helps the guys they are supposed to be helping (if that makes any sense).

steelheadsicko
09-15-2011, 03:06 PM
I live in citrus heights and let him know I got one for him but he has not gotten back to me

Mike O
09-15-2011, 03:53 PM
done and done. he is coming tomorrow to pick it up from my work. I offered to deliver ( I live in Woodland), but he wanted to come pick it up.

Thanks for all you who offered to him. Does my heart proud.

civicrr
09-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Nice work guys!

Looks like I emailed him just a couple minutes too late. By the time I finished sending it, you guys already have him taken care of.=D>

RandyS
09-15-2011, 04:14 PM
Nicely done Moadiver !! Please shake his hand for all of us and thank him for his service.

RandyS

briansII
09-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Nicely done Moadiver !! Please shake his hand for all of us and thank him for his service.

RandyS

What Randy said. Good work fellas.

briansII

DFrink
09-15-2011, 04:21 PM
Even though I haven't met anyone on this thread, on behalf of all Vet's (and one myself) THANKS! You are all very kind.

Dan

aaron
09-15-2011, 04:48 PM
Just now saw this...Nice work guys!

Mike O
09-15-2011, 07:42 PM

RandyS

Will do if poss, but I work at a high school, and rather than make him come find me, i am leaving it at the front desk.

civicrr
09-15-2011, 09:35 PM
Guys,
I've been in email contact with the gentleman. In the email I initially sent him, I mentioned that I found out about his Craig's list post from this site. He has seen this thread. He wanted me to make sure I thanked everyone for their help.

He signed up for the forum but is still waiting for admin approval to post. Otherwise, he would have done it himself.

NCL
09-16-2011, 06:17 AM
This thread is "way cool". Kudos to all that were involved.

OceanSunfish
09-16-2011, 12:17 PM
There was one situation I recall reading about where an individual organized the collection of pre-owned golf equipment which was distributed to US Military personnel serving in Iraq and Afgan. I don't remember the criteria for distrubition, etc.

Nevertheless, I'm sure many of us have gear laying around collecting dust that certainly could be used by recent combat vets on Wounded Warrior fishing programs.

All we need is someone to spearhead the collection of and proper transfer of fishing gear.

How about an 8 hour tying marathon? Tie up a bunch of 'Buggers' for these folks to take on these fishing trips?

Good idea?

Unfortunately, I work on average 60+ hours a week, so I don't have time to organize, but I wanted to toss the idea out there.....

daveiam
09-16-2011, 02:58 PM
That is something I could do for the program, per the previous post by OceanSunfish. If there is enough interest, I would make the necessary contacts to find the right home for donated gear. And then set-up a collection point.

If there is someone who would like to work with me on this, it would be even better.

I live in the Sacramento area.

DFrink
09-16-2011, 03:26 PM
I could get into helping on this. I have a Redington Crosswater 5wt that I could donate.

Dan

gonefirefighting
09-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Gentleman.....

I wanted to chime in and give a huge thanks to those who helped me out today!

I am going to post a new thread to introduce myself and say thanks again and I can help out alot with getting other soldiers on the water if you want to do it ourselves.

thanks a million

Mike O
09-17-2011, 12:02 AM
I met Brett today, and he is an upstanding guy. I passed along all your well wishes. Turns out he is gonna be taking a multi-day pack trip into Yellowstone with the organization, and has promised to post a report.

Welcome to the club Brett!

Mike

daveiam
09-18-2011, 08:47 PM
I have sent a PM to Brett looking for contacts in the Wounded Warrior Program. He should have left for his trip, so I hope to speak to him when he returns.

With what info he provides, I think we would have a better idea of the program's needs.

Mike O
09-19-2011, 12:12 AM
Try Here

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/