PDA

View Full Version : Nor-Vise Golden Stone

FlyJack51
09-14-2011, 10:37 PM
Just got a Nor-Vise a week ago and love it! Turned the vise a couple times and this popped out :confused:

PatrickM
09-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Nice! I thought that was a pic of a real stonefly at first.
What's the real difference between tying on a Norvice and tying on a "regular" vice?

Jgoding
09-21-2011, 12:53 PM
For me it's the combination of the automatic bobbin, the vise, and the bobbin holder that's not attached to the vise that makes it a good and unique tying system and it's a true in line rotary.

FlyJack51
09-21-2011, 01:19 PM
I completely agree with jgoding, it's a complete perfect vise. A true rotary that can lock out in any position. Applying thread is a breeze, A mini lathe for tying, I just got into tying realistic flys and with the nor vise it's so much easier. I love tying the stones on it!

Jay Murakoshi
09-21-2011, 05:06 PM
I"ve been tying with the Nor-Vise for a number of years now. I switched over from a DynaKing to the Nor-Vise.
A few things about the vise:
Applying dubbing is much easier, requires no wax, no more twisting with your fingers.
when wrapping materials, no more weaving in and out of the bobbin like with the standard "V" jaws. You place the thread/bobbin on the thread keeper and spin your materials on to the hook shank.
I practiced for a few months and finally got to the point where I could tie a wooly bugger in 25 seconds :-) Not hard, just a little practice

And yes, it's a full true rotary vise

Jay