PDA

View Full Version : CSPA and Coalition file lawsuit agqainst Westlands and BuRec.

Mike McKenzie
09-13-2011, 02:36 PM
This has been a while in coming and it has finally happened!

CSPA, Friends of the River, North Coast River Alliance, Save the American River and the Winnemen Wintu Tribe filed a lawsuit against West Water District (and its two water distribution districts) and the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, as a Real Party in Interest, over the renewal of six interim Central Valley Project (CVP) water service contracts. The action, filed 25 August 2011, concerns six contracts providing up to over one million acre feet of water annually from the Delta. CVP water exports are a principle reason for the decline of Delta fisheries.

Westlands, et al, claims the contracts are exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act. The coalition disagrees. The lawsuit asks for: injunctive relief, restraining defendant from carrying out the project; a writ of mandate, setting aside contract approval and declaratory relief, declaring the contracts to be unlawful. The law offices of Stephan C. Volker are representing CSPA and the Coalition in this matter.

You can read the Complaint here:
http://calsport.org/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/ENDORSED-FILED-8-25-11-Verified-Petition-and-Complaint.pdf

Mike

OceanSunfish
09-16-2011, 01:24 AM
Thanks for all the hard work... and thanks for keeping this BB community informed......

I guess it's safe to say "we're" playing hardball now?

In any event, I hope more will take the time to read your post. I know there is more traction on other BB forums where there was none just a few years ago..... "baby steps", right?

Thanks.

Darian
09-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Keep the faith.... Not necessary for everyone on this BB to read the document if they're getting if from another BB. As you've indicated there's more play on other BB's.

Like already knows he/CSPA has my support. :D :D