PDA

View Full Version : American drifts and shuttles?

Ryan
09-04-2011, 08:40 PM
I've drifted the American in my drift boat quite a few times around 3-5 years ago, but I've forgotten the good spots to put in and take out. Can anyone tell me their favorite drifts for drift boats? Full day trips, or evening trips? I remember I always liked putting in at Sailor bar. Anyone have a good idea for a 6-8 hour drift from there? Keep in mind I'll be back rowing, anchoring, and getting out to wade here and there when possible. I have 4wd as well, so I can take out pretty much wherever.
I'd also like to know if there are any shuttle options? If so do you know how it works? Would I shuttle with someone? Or is it like the redding fly shop does when you pay them before hand, and your truck is down at the takeout by the time you reach it? I guess a cab is always an option too... Anyways, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Mark Kranhold
09-04-2011, 11:36 PM
Call Kiene's, I know Joe Shirshac was doing shuttles. Or talk to Andy at the shop as well, he has some good deals on teaming up and splitting the gas on a knowledgable and adventures day of fishing. I would drift Sailor bar to Gristmill for a full day of fishing. This time of year is a good time to bring all your arsenal. You could catch Salmon, Striper, and Steelies right now!! The Grand Slam!!!:eek:

Finsane
09-05-2011, 08:31 AM
You can drift the entire system, all the way to Discovery. My buddy and I are drifting Sailors to Gristmill today. I'll be snorkeling most of the way, looking for Salmon, Steelhead, Stripers, and possibly a Shad???? If I have a report worth posting, I will.

Ryan
09-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the responses... That helps out a lot. Sounds like sailors bar to gristmill it is...

steelheadsicko
09-05-2011, 12:38 PM
I usually just park my guest car at the pullout, but if you are going alone or need a shuttle let me know the morning before and maybe I will float with you (I have my own boat) and we can work out the shuttle.
send me a pm I usually check this site every morning
thanks
Garrett