PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Dave Scadden Renegade or Rampage

JAWallace
08-29-2011, 12:55 PM
My Hobie Float Cat is perfect for stillwater, but this is one way to fish the local rivers. Comments on the Scadden frameless welcome.

Woodman
08-29-2011, 10:33 PM
My Hobie Float Cat is perfect for stillwater, but this is one way to fish the local rivers. Comments on the Scadden frameless welcome.

My Rampage is one of the best designed and best made products of any kind that I have ever purchased. Just wish I had more time to get out in it.

ErikB
08-30-2011, 06:45 PM
I have a Rampage as well as an Challenger X and have been extremly happy with both. The best thing about these boats is the versatility. With the you Challenger you can run it forward or backward as well as with a trolling or outboard motor. I have run it with a 8 hp short shaft Yamaha and it is very stable and it allows you to cover some pretty big water. My .02 certs these are great boats.

JAWallace
08-30-2011, 08:32 PM
The Challenger would be great, but I don't have a pickup and am not ready to go the trailer route with a small boat. I think assembling the Challenger each time would be a pain. The other two seem pretty portable. What do you do for transport, Erik?

I think you can use gas motors with both the Rampage and Renegade, but frames are always nice for those motors.

ErikB
09-01-2011, 12:13 PM
With the Challenger I have a frame that you need in order to run the outboard. It mounts to the rack that I reinforced myself to handle the torque of the outboard. I also purchased one of daves trolling motor barckets which would work for either boat with a trolling motor, I would not use this with the outboard. The boat is very easy to air up and only takes a few minutes to air up. These boats only weigh 45 for the challenger and 38 for the rampage and will fit in a trunk of car no problem. The frame weighs about 35 lbs but takes up a good bit of space in a pick up bed. Hopefully this helps.

trouterfan1
09-01-2011, 12:47 PM
I don't know what these run new but heres one on craigslist.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/2552083448.html

ErikB
09-01-2011, 01:46 PM
They are still $1599 new so $1500 used is not that great of a price.

Woodman
09-01-2011, 03:42 PM
They are still $1599 new so $1500 used is not that great of a price.

...and there's no guarantee Scadden will provide the same lifetime warranty coverage to a secondhand boat.

JAWallace
09-01-2011, 05:11 PM
$1500 is "street retail" from a dealer, and this seller is a dealer. It's new though.

I'm really leaning towards the smaller Renegade. It's 9' which should be fine for the lower American and the Delta when it's down. $600 less and 10# lighter. I'm not sure what the benefit of the extra 1.5 feet would do other than add weight and a little stability. Erik may have a different opinion.

ErikB
09-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Typically my go to boat is the Rampage.It is perfect for waters big & small.
The Challenger is used on big rivers or when I would want to use the outboard.
The frame will fit both boats but the storage tray that bolts to the back of frame is a little long to fit on the Rampage. If you never plan on using an outboard I would go with the Rampage.