PDA

View Full Version : Bassin' Da Delta....

Darian
08-26-2011, 09:25 AM
Yesterday, my fishin' partner and I had a great day on the Delta with Captain Marc Brown, Delta Adventures. :D We fished top-water exclusively (divers/Mat Rats/poppers). The fishing and action was really fun with many blow-ups but the catching was slow, for me. My partner landed several (all small males but still....) nice fish. Her largest was around 2.0 pounds. I had one fish on for a short time that pulled pretty good but became an LDR. :nod: For me the most fun was fishing the mats with the Mat Rat. Dragging "da Rat" over the mat and into a small separation or hole to see a Bass blow-up thru the cheese was exciting. Unfortunately, I forgot to charge the battery in my camera, so, no photo's. This was my first trip since last October due to some health issues and probably explains why my reaction time to strikes was very slow. It was really fun to get out there and get in some action. :nod:

Marc Brown is the successor to Captain Kevin Doran in Delta Adventures having lived and fished in and around the Delta all his life, he's very knowledgeable and works hard to make it happen. Like KD, He's also a great guy to share the boat with. Check out his website: www.deltaadventures.com . :D :D

Jay Murakoshi
08-26-2011, 07:49 PM
You won't need any reaction time for the dorado, tuna and whatever else might eat the fly. They'll set the hook themselves.
4 weeks and change until the trip... Anyone interested in "rumbling south of the border" I have one more spot left. Send me an email if you're interested

Jay

Darian
08-26-2011, 08:53 PM
Jay,.... We fished hard for approximately 10 hours (including a short break for lunch). Endurance is a bit low. Working on strengthening now.... So, I guess Ill be ready for La Ventana.... Looking forward to it. :D :D

Larry S
08-27-2011, 08:11 AM
Darian:
Glad to hear that you're back on the water. The time spent on injured reserve
can be agonizing. Better work on building up the strength for the Baja action.
Best,
Larry S

Darian
08-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Larry,.... Thanks for the thought. I can't tell you how much fun it was to get out there after all of this time. It was a beautiful day, friends were the best and the fishing was great even if I didn't land a fish.... Time for Baja. :D :D