PDA

View Full Version : Help with Half-pounder fishing?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-23-2011, 09:10 AM
We have lots of people here that would like to learn how to fly fishing for Half-pounders.

Anyone who would take someone out for an evening or morning would be greatly appreciated.

I am leaving soon for Colorado to visit the grand kids but will be available when I get back after September 14, 2011.

I can meet people in the evening at Watt Avenue and show them how I fish it, swinging small wet flies on a floating line and moving downstream after every cast.

As most know, it is not rocket science, but it is nice to have someone show you the simple method the first time.

Anyone who can take somebody down now would be doing us all a big favor.......

(Naturally, this is all barbless and catch-n-release fishing)

Jaybinder
09-12-2011, 12:43 PM
I'm planning to head up early on Friday 9-16. Is anyone is willing to show me around a bit? I was planning to swing flies. If not I'll be going to the Yuba.

Jason

amoeba
09-13-2011, 02:01 PM
I haven't tried it or know how (you) do it on the AR:

But would like to learn - so -if you're gaging interest (and want to sell some gear), I'm can be in too, and within 5 minutes of either your shop or the river.

If someone is going to be there to show and tell, please confirm date, time, exact location, and preferred rod setup (rod - 6 wt floating, sinktip, what type) and flies (soft hackle/other?).

Or should we just stop by the shop and ask if you want to go fishing after work?

Jeff C.
09-14-2011, 07:33 AM
Went out after work yesterday. The flows were down for the gravel installation and the water level was down close to a foot. The spot where I was using T-11 when the flow was at 4K required a Type 3 tip to keep from hanging up. Caught some smolts and a 15 in. striper. I wish that the flows would just stay constant. Keep it at 2K until the gravel is in place. The yo-yo effect is no bueno!