PDA

View Full Version : Truckee on Weds., 8/24

El Rey
08-22-2011, 12:35 AM
I'll be driving up to Truckee on Wednesday, 8/24, to fish the LT in the meadow section. If anyone would like to join me to fish there, give me a call or a PM. Or, I could drop you off on the main river and pick you up later.

Some caveats: I'm pushing 70, so I take it slow and easy. (My wife worries when I fish by myself.) And there are frequent pit stops on the drive up.

I live in Carmichael. Usually leave here by 9:30 or 10:00, stop at the Safeway in Truckee for a deli sandwich, then go the to LT. I usually stay till about 5:30 or 6:00. Home by 8:00.

If this suits your fishing style and/or schedule and would like to join me, let me know, and we can arrange details. It's always nice to have company.

Tight lines,

Harlan King
916-971-9518

BillB
08-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Darn Harlin, you sound like my kind of man. Wish I didn't live 200 miles away. You have a couple of years on me but all the caveats sound the same!

El Rey
08-24-2011, 08:13 AM
No takers. Oh well, I'll post when I go up there again.

Anyhow, if anyone is on the stream stop by and say Hi. I'm a slender gray beard, and my green Outback will be parked in the middle lot.

Cheers,
Harlan

J. Jett
08-24-2011, 11:40 PM
Did you go? How was it up there?
I just saw your post and would not have made it due to scheduling. I am interested, maybe another time. J

El Rey
08-25-2011, 10:31 AM
"Did you go? How was it up there?"

Excellent day on the stream. Saw lots of cars parked off the road in the canyon section but nobody in the meadow. Late in the day two fellows showed up.

Fishing and catching were good. Used a dry/dropper--small para Adams w/ an HBI. Caught 6 or 8 little guys, 6" to 9", on the dry. Then two large rainbows on the nymph. They were in the 16" range. Lost a monster when he went airborne and broke off. Most of the action was between noon and 2:00 when there was a PMD hatch. Late in the day the only hatches were mosquitoes. But I probably left too early for evening rises.

The stream is in perfect shape.

I'll be back. Thanks for asking.