PDA

View Full Version : Two-handed / Spey tackle and knowledge too

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-21-2011, 08:50 AM
We have lots of fine fly shops in California but at Kiene's we have the largest two-handed / Spey business.

We have the largest inventory of Spey and Switch rods and the largest inventory of lines and tips for two-handed rods as well.

This would not have happened to us if it were not for three major things:

1) the Lower American River being minutes from the shop.

2) Our Jeff Putnam getting into Spey casting very early on.

3) Jeff and Kiene's getting help from Simon Gawesworth very early on.

__________________________________________________ ____________________

Another advantage is that we have an Online Spey / two-handed store where we ship these products all over the United States.

www.KienesSpeyShop.com

If you go to "Spey Rods" or "Switch Rods" on our online store you can go to any individual rod and see our recommendations for the right size lines and the right size fly reels.

Anyone will sell you a Spey/Switch rod but only a few have much knowledge about the lines needed for each rod and for the different kind of fishing with them.

You can call us too. We ship out phone orders every day.

Local 916/486-9958

USA Toll Free 800/400-0359

Free freight for all orders over $50.00

Rick J
08-22-2011, 12:01 PM
no question, no other shop in California has as much knowledge about the 2-handed game and really only three shops up in Oregon/Idaho are on Par - Redshed in Idaho and Welches and Deschutes Angler in Oregon

All have experienced spey casters associated with them and the knowledge needed to properly rig 2-handers depending on your needs

shawn kempkes
08-23-2011, 11:15 AM
no question, no other shop in California has as much knowledge about the 2-handed game and really only three shops up in Oregon/Idaho are on Par - Redshed in Idaho and Welches and Deschutes Angler in Oregon

All have experienced spey casters associated with them and the knowledge needed to properly rig 2-handers depending on your needs

Not so fast mister.LOL
I would throw waterswest in Port Angeles to that mix. They also have the best flytying selection for spey and atlantic salmon materials I have seen.

Rick J
08-23-2011, 12:29 PM
now Shawn - Port Angeles is in Washington last time I checked and I limited my selection to Oregon and Idaho as I really don't know about shops in Washington but have to think there are a number that cater well to 2-handers.

Bruce and I hope to make it back up there towards the end of March next year and hope we get a chance to fish with you again

Best regards,
R

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-23-2011, 11:22 PM
http://www.waterswest.com/

Looks like a good shop.....

shawn kempkes
08-24-2011, 08:29 AM
now Shawn - Port Angeles is in Washington last time I checked and I limited my selection to Oregon and Idaho as I really don't know about shops in Washington but have to think there are a number that cater well to 2-handers.

Bruce and I hope to make it back up there towards the end of March next year and hope we get a chance to fish with you again

Best regards,
R

All of the rivers are fishing good now. The other day my friend got a grand slam.
a Sockeye,silver,king and a wild summer steelhead (a rare find)
Theres a lot of SRC's as well which are a blast on a 5120 spey.

Rick J
08-24-2011, 11:54 AM
I am jealous!!!!!!! Heading to the Klamath in a couple of weeks and the Clearwater/Grand Ronde end of Sept but I really fell in love with the OP when we were up there last spring!!!