PDA

View Full Version : Truckee

Jay
08-17-2011, 06:44 PM
Lookin to find someone to split gas with. I'm in the Auburn area. Ive fished the Truckee quite a few times, and I'm not worth a damn on that river. Need to go up more often, but going by myself in my gas hog doesnt make that very easy. I'm in my mid 20's, fish HARD, dont smoke, and love beer. Really flexible schedule.

Cool new section Mr. Kiene!

TaylerW
08-17-2011, 07:29 PM
you got yourself a deal

JasonB
08-18-2011, 05:30 PM
Jay, I would be really stoked to hook up for a trip or so up that way. I feel that the Truckee has been my real teacher when it comes to nymphing, along with Bigfly's patient coaching. I would hardly say I know it well, but it's treated me almost as well as any other big name river I've tried.

I live in Garden Valley, so I always go via Auburn and could meet up there. I'm pretty swamped most thursday-sundays at this point but have most monday-wednesdays free for fishing. Wouldn't mind trying to head up sometime next week...
Cheers, JB

Jay
08-18-2011, 07:56 PM
Thanks Stripe and Jason! Ive got a full plate for the next month or so, but lets get in touch and get something figured out.

Jason, I live in Cool, so I am on your way!

ownfl4g
08-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Hey guys,

I have been cruising up there every saturday or sunday for the past 5 weekends, I live in Loomis so Im always going up through Auburn, infact I usually stop at the AM PM off forest hill exit for coffee. I would love to get together someone as I am just becoming familiar with the River and some company could be nice.

RickG
08-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Hi everyone:
I don't like to fish alone, have a bother-in-law but he can't fish streams.
so I've been on lakes.
I live in Georgetown and have Sundays and Mondays off and need to get back to the streams.
If this works for anyone let me know.

Thanks Rick

Jimmie
08-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Hi Guys!

So glad Bill added this topic. Was trying to get something like this started in my club, Gold Country Fly Fishers, but not much luck so far.

I live in Chicago Park (which is just out of Colfax on the way to Grass Valley), so I'm pretty much "on the way" to Truckee. Would love to join in if you are heading up the hill. Can drive too from here. PM for phone.

Jimmie Marchio
Chicago Park

giantsfan
08-30-2011, 05:13 PM
I'm thinking about heading up to the Truckee on 09-02 if anybody is interested in going. I'll be driving up I-80 from Sacramento, so I can pick up in Sac or along the way. PM if interested.