PDA

View Full Version : What's with the diseased fish at Davis

bartly
08-11-2011, 08:58 PM
I caught 6 last Sunday that were pretty pathetic looking. The last one (and biggest) was the grosses looking fish I had ever seen with all the sores on it. I don't recall seeing this in years past.

Jgoding
08-11-2011, 10:15 PM
anchor worm, been getting to be quite a problem the last few years, even at Shasta never seen it as bad as the last few years....

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-11-2011, 10:19 PM
I think they have been on the Rainbows in Klamath Lake in Oregon for many years?

Reno Flytyer
08-12-2011, 07:33 AM
Pretty sad & disturbing to look at. Most reports early in this season suggested that the fish looked as though they'd been "cured" of the copepods from last year. Most of the fish caught early showed little signs of the infestation, but as this season progressed, more and more reports started coming in telling of the diseased fish. I googled both anchor worms and copepods & the information I read did indicate that the parasites became more and more pronounced as the season advanced in to the fall. If that's correct, then it seems like it's only going to get worse as this season continues. Crap.
RFT