PDA

View Full Version : Rio Trout LT Weight Forward

Terry Imai
08-08-2011, 03:11 PM
I'm one of those real an*l guys (seems that what attracts us to fly fishing!!) that's always looking for the perfect setup for our rods. I was in a different fly shop (sorry Bill) just to B.S. about fly fishing and talking about upcoming delivery for my new Gary Anderson Sage Z-Axis in #5 10' that I bought for swinging wet flies and emerger type of fishing. The salesperson mentioned to take a look at the Rio Trout LT in a weight forward and I reviewed its specs:

http://www.rioproducts.com/fly-lines/freshwater/trout/Trout-LT-WF

While this line says it's a "weight forward" , there are some aspects of it to provide more of a double taper feel to help you with your line mending and control. Luckily, Bill had this line in a #6 (like to line up one weight) and after using it for several trips, I can say that we are often faced with a "casting" line but this is a "fishing" fly line. If you're looking for a distance line, the Rio Gold will be a better bet but this is a real nice fishing line for streams and rivers.

I have heard through the grapevine that the owner of Rio calls the Rio Trout LT to be their best single handed spey line...

My $.02 for today...