PDA

View Full Version : Good Fortune Strikes Twice

Tony Buzolich
08-07-2011, 05:39 PM
You know, anybody can have a good day once in a while and yesterday was just such a day, we took 16 striped bass up to 28lbs. with a few schoolies thrown in that mix as well. Our purpose was to see if any of the bigger females had started to drop down from up river and sure enough they have.

So like any addict (striper addict) you always crave more and for myself and a few of my closest friends we try and get out and chase as many as we can.

Last night, after a full day of fishing, Jim calls and says "lets go again tomarrow". " Sure, I say, but lets do it in reverse and start low then work our way up". We spotted a big one here yesterday and several of my friends have taken big fish here as well.

We get on the water again in the dark and head straight to our targeted area with hopes running high that we'll get there in prime feeding time, and we did. Only the fish weren't feeding. The water had come up a little since yesterday and sometimes that moves fish around. Also, there had been another boat move through before us throwing swim-baits that might had spooked whatever was around. In any case,we worked the area for almost two hours with only one small schoolie coming to the boat.:(

Time to move before the sun gets any higher and we start working our way back up river to some of the same haunts we hit yesterday. Soon we start picking up a few fish. Nothing big yet but at least we're getting some grabs. I ask Jim if he thinks maybe his big one from yesterday might have gone back to the same spot? You never know, but it was a good spot.

We set up the drift, get to the magic spot, and just like clock-work Jim hooks up again! Another solid hook-up and off we go. Start up the engine and try and gain back line without creating slack. Same scenario as yesterday. Back and forth across the river, around the boat, and try and keep her out of the trees. This one really wanted to go back to her starting point several times before getting her into the net. Yahoooo! Two days in a row with big fish. This one weighs in at 23lbs. and after a couple of quick pics she's released back into the water to hopefuly come back and spawn again nest year.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b320/buzolich/IMG_6945upload.jpg

My Red & White Full Dressed Clouser did the trick today.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b320/buzolich/IMG_6944upload.jpg

We again moved on upstream and picked up several more nice schoolies but it was starting to get hot and water skiers started showing soo,,,,, time to quit. What a great couple of days.

I also want to thank you Bill for your nice compliments. I may not have been the FIRST guy to discover these late season fish but I sure am enjoying them.
TONY

Frank Alessio
08-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Jim... You need to encourage Tony to write a book... The Adventures of Brother Buzz would be a great title... Nice job again guys....Frank

Jim May
08-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Hey Frank
I hope alls well with your move.I have told Tony he should write a book about his fishing and you guys adventures at the deer club!He does have a section in one of Bob Clouser books on smallmouth bass.
Jim May