PDA

View Full Version : two week hall pass

huntindog
08-02-2011, 08:48 AM
So my wife and kids are out of town for two weeks and I have been taking full advantage...all i have to say is drop what you are doing and go fishing. I am not a big fan of detailed "you should go to river x and fish fly y" reports but lets just say I am on a 7 day 7 different river run right now and I have been putting up some numbers that are stupid (Bjornian numbers...any old NCFFB trolls will understand). Anyway, get to norcal with a 5 wt and bucket full of flies and go berzerk...it is that good....springtime in august good...i have 7 days left on the hall pass...not sure what my next move is.

k9mark
08-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Well, not knowing where you've been I'll offer the following suggestions even though I haven't been to some of these yet this year. Clarks Fork, Arnot Creek, Disaster Creek, Wolfs Creek, Clavey River, Levitts Meadow, Kennedy Meadows, Lyell Fork, Dana Fork, how's that for starters?

jcsesica
08-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Wow...I haven't heard that expression in a long time. I'll raise a glass to Bjorn tonight. He's a good man. (And congratulations on your success. It is indeed a great time to be streamside!)

huntindog
08-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Well, not knowing where you've been I'll offer the following suggestions even though I haven't been to some of these yet this year. Clarks Fork, Arnot Creek, Disaster Creek, Wolfs Creek, Clavey River, Levitts Meadow, Kennedy Meadows, Lyell Fork, Dana Fork, how's that for starters?

i was a little north and west of these streams....mt shasta looked great:D i may have to head that way...i was sort of thinking about going further north and further west for this weekend...i hear there might be a steelhead to be caught

huntindog
08-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Wow...I haven't heard that expression in a long time. I'll raise a glass to Bjorn tonight. He's a good man. (And congratulations on your success. It is indeed a great time to be streamside!)

definately agree regarding bjorn

Sammy
08-03-2011, 10:01 AM
Bjornian numbers. HA! Is he still around?

Fly Guy Dave
08-03-2011, 10:46 AM
The last I heard he was living in Placerville and was a new dad, so imagine that his youngin' is his priority right now.

EricO
08-03-2011, 10:49 AM
"Bjornian numbers...any old NCFFB trolls will understand"....LOL. Boy that brings back some memories.

Too funny.

EO

huntindog
08-03-2011, 11:02 AM
The last I heard he was living in Placerville and was a new dad, so imagine that his youngin' is his priority right now.

bjorn is live and kicking in San Jose...but he may get a flyrod in his hand this weekend... he does have a flyfishing/bonefish related blog out there

http://bonefishonthebrain.com/

Sammy
08-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Good for him. I heard that having a kid does change things slightly. :) Whatever happened to Phil Fischer. He always gave the best reports and pictures

Bjorn
08-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Hey guys, been a long time since I've been in here. Thanks for the kind words.

I'm around... back in the Bay Area, San Jose, working at a software start-up. About to have 50% more time to go fishing for various court-ordered reasons.

Fished the Upper Sac and McCloud a couple weeks back. Still beautiful as ever.

B-