TaylerW
07-31-2011, 11:59 PM
http://tailwalker.blogspot.com/2011/07/agulukpak-weekend.html

some words and pictures from this weekend

hopefully youll enjoy them!

Tony Buzolich
08-01-2011, 06:31 AM
Lil' Striper? Taylor?

This was a good post for everyone to read. Sounds like quite a place to "work" while going to school.

I don't quite understand though what the purpose of a "blog" is when this exact post could be just as easily be put on Bill's board. I know, I know, I'm a dinosaur with keeping up to today's technology........ugh.........blogs.......tweeter. .......facebooks........ugh.

I'm just starting to get comfortable turning this old XP computor on and my wife says I need a new Window's 7 something or other.

Good post though,
TONY

Bob Laskodi
08-01-2011, 08:08 AM
You drove a boat all the way from the Togiak to the Pak???? You're a braver man than me!!! I'll be on the Pak in early Sept!!!! Just wait until mid AUG and you'll see what the Pak is really about and sneer at a 23" fish (not that there's anything wrong with a 23"). You'll also get your char fix when the egg drop happens and the char outnumber the bowski's!
A nice char from the Pak in 2010
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/laskodi/056a.jpg

Mike R
08-01-2011, 08:50 AM
More memories....I used to love working the Pak. We got nice little plane ride to take a nap and we usually didn't have to worry about getting fish. The only scary part was driving up and down the river. For those that haven't been there, the Pak is about a mile long with an average depth of 6 inches. Serious pucker factor.

Taylor, one year we had to pick up some boats on the Pak and bring them back to BBL. About a 1/4 mile from the Pak, one engine died so we had to tow a boat all the way back, and we got lost for about an hour. Ended up taking us 11-12 hours to get back.

That ride up around Nerka is some of the prettiest country around. Little Togiak is pretty cool (not related to the Big Tog, however) too.

Good luck and remember that once the eggs start to drop, it's easy money 'til the end. Unless, of course, you get the guy who wants to fish dry flies when there are 800,000 sockeye spawning within a mile of you. THAT will ruin your day.

See ya,
Mike