PDA

View Full Version : Sac River Outfitters

arbolado
07-27-2011, 05:49 AM
Does anyone know if they have closed up shop? I tried going to their web-page, but I get a message that the site is not found.

Thanks.

NorCalDrifter56
07-27-2011, 08:11 AM
I am not sure about them. I have sent you a PM if you are curious about the fishing in the north state.

There is a small heat wave arriving this weekend but the fishing has been good. Let me kow if you want some details.

The lower Sac is steady at just over 12k cfs which is good for this time of year and I have already seen a few salmon all the way to the Market St. bridge. It looks like it is going to be a great Fall season!

Curtis Cole
NorCalDrifter@yahoo.com
"I Fish Therefore I Am"
530-241-9411

Craig Nielsen
07-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Arbolado:

I believe Tim Root, who purchased the business several years back, still does some guiding. I am not sure why the website appears to be down?

I also believe all of the guides who worked for Sac River are still guiding independently, including the previous owner Chris King, and Gabe Duran, one of the mainstays. Chris and Gabe are also now featured in our guide service, Shasta Trout. You can check out their bios on our website. Also please feel free to give a ring for more details.

TroutNoDoubt
07-28-2011, 05:23 PM
I've fished with Tim several times. Good guide. And I've booked group trips with him in the past. He put together a good group of guides. Hope he can pull it back together again, if that's what he wants to do.

Guiding is a very tough business. We should all be thankful that a few high-quality folks keep at it and help the rest of us enjoy some great water.

arbolado
07-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Arbolado:

I believe Tim Root, who purchased the business several years back, still does some guiding. I am not sure why the website appears to be down?

I also believe all of the guides who worked for Sac River are still guiding independently, including the previous owner Chris King, and Gabe Duran, one of the mainstays. Chris and Gabe are also now featured in our guide service, Shasta Trout. You can check out their bios on our website. Also please feel free to give a ring for more details.

Craig -

Thank you for the info. I had been trying to locate Jeff Parker and Gabe was kind enough to forward me his contact info.

Craig Nielsen
07-28-2011, 10:48 PM
Glad to hear I helped in a small way to put you in touch. Wishing you tight lines!