PDA

View Full Version : MX Bass at Lake Mateos with Ken Hanley and me...

Keith Kaneko
07-24-2011, 07:45 AM
Hi All,

Ken and I have one spot left on a trip that we are hosting at Lake Mateos for topwater Largemouth Bass (Dec. 14 - 19, 2011). We are fishing with Anglers Inn at this incredibly beautiful lake and will be enjoying their stellar service and accommodations. Here are the trip details:

Anglers Inn - Lake Mateos
Dates: Dec. 14 - 19, 2011
Package: 5 nights lodging / 4 days guided fishing
Web: http://www.anglingonthefly.com/AnglersInn-Mateos.html

Well, thanks again and please email (NOT PM) or call me if you have questions.

Keith Kaneko
(916) 539-3474
Keith@AnglingOnTheFly.com

k.hanley
07-24-2011, 08:25 AM
This is flat out one of the most stunning bass venues in the world. A top favorite of mine.

We hope you can take advantage of the last remaining spot on the trip. We have a terrific group of anglers scheduled for the week.
Cheers, Ken

Jay Murakoshi
07-29-2011, 12:49 AM
Where do you fly into?

Jay

Keith Kaneko
08-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Hi Jay,

For this trip, you can fly into MZT or CUL... Anglers Inn has their own transportation company and can accommodate pickups at either airport. The drive time to the lake from MZT is 3 hours, while the drive time from CUL to the lake is only 50 minutes. There are more flight options for MZT, while CUL requires a stopover in Hermasillo or Guadalajara for customs / immigration.

So,... are you interested in joining us? Wow, that would be quite a team... Ken, Jay, and me.

GreggH
08-13-2011, 11:03 AM
Sold......:)

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-13-2011, 09:50 PM
I was very fortunate to be able to go on our first Kiene's group trip to El Salto Reservoir at Anglers Inn a few years ago for LMB. It is pretty close for us on the west coast (Mazatlan, MX) and pretty affordable ~$2,000. Service and fishing was way above expectation....

After that several of my fishing buddies have gone to their new lodge on Lake Mateos.

The water on Lake Mateos was reported to be clearer than El Salto so the top water was a little better. It is different in other ways to so I have it on my bucket list.

Kiene's Fly Shop usually has group trips every year to these destinations through 'Angling On the Fly' travel service.

Most everyone at our shop has been to El Salto Reservoir for trophy LMB so come in a we can talk about it.

Charlie Bisharat
08-14-2011, 11:47 AM
Guys,

If there is anyone who cannot make the Mateo's trip, I am hosting a trip for Keith to El Salto January 11 through the 15th 2012.

I am doing this time of year because of my addiction to the top water grab. This is undoubtedly the best time of the season for top water large mouthed fishing at this location.

I will have some new flies that my group will get to field test . Flies that are not yet on the market but that Umpqua is gearing up to produce right now.Most are top water flies but some are wild new subsurface stuff that i can guarantee you have not seen before. Nor have the bass seem before.

We have a great group so far and would enjoy adding a couple other folks that love to chase LMB .

Please e mail me at charlie.bisharat@stuartjamesconstruction.com or Keith at angling on the fly.

Cheers and be ready for a wild time. Chas