PDA

View Full Version : Lake Almanor Hex Hatch

gene goss
07-21-2011, 03:30 PM
So whats happening with the Hex hatch on Lake Almanor???????

jayclarkflyfishing
07-22-2011, 07:34 AM
There are bugs about.I fished Butt Lake 3 times in the last week and have caught fish on nymphs ,emergers and duns.I prefer Butt to Almanor for the same reasons that I prefer Davis to Frenchman's...no lake lice.

Fishing pressure was light at Butt and water temps were 72*.There are a few pics on my blog from last week.

Jay

thekid
07-22-2011, 08:50 AM
The hex hatch is a joke. Has been for the last 12 years. If you want to go drag a nymph on the bottom you will find a fish or two. Dont expect to find rising fish in patterns like the old days. The bugs are there but not like it used to be. The boats and jet skis are there constantly giving you huge wakes to deal with. IF YOU THERE ON THE WEEKEND PLAN ON GETTING PULLED OVER BY THE SHERIFF AT DARK. He has harassed us every weekend. Handing out tickets like you cant believe, prams boats, canoes. You better know the rules or its going to be an expensive trip. Fished by the dam on tues night and saw at least 50 crafts on the water. Great way to waste an evening of fishing if you got the time.

the kid

MikeNFL
08-05-2011, 10:34 AM
For those interested, I have put up a post on my blog about our fishing thus far this year at Almanor. Thanks.
Mike...

http://norcalfishinglounge.com/

EricO
08-05-2011, 11:55 AM
"IF YOU THERE ON THE WEEKEND PLAN ON GETTING PULLED OVER BY THE SHERIFF AT DARK. He has harassed us every weekend"

Hey Kid,

Hmmm....gotta ask the question. Why do you go then if it sucks so bad????

EO

Bull_Dog
08-06-2011, 03:11 AM
"IF YOU THERE ON THE WEEKEND PLAN ON GETTING PULLED OVER BY THE SHERIFF AT DARK. He has harassed us every weekend"

Hey Kid,

Hmmm....gotta ask the question. Why do you go then if it sucks so bad????

EO

Good Point, What is the Sherriff doing to Harass fishermen? I guess Chester does not want our out of town $$$$.

People will quit coming if the fishing sucks and there is a law man with an attitude.

gene goss
08-06-2011, 07:27 AM
What are the regulations for fishing from a float tube at Lake Almanor at night?????

wineslob
08-08-2011, 07:24 AM
What are the regulations for fishing from a float tube at Lake Almanor at night?????

If the regs are still the same from the last time I read them, Plumas County is 24/7 fishing.