PDA

View Full Version : No more Sourcream Apple Pie

Eric M
07-20-2011, 06:48 AM
My son and I always look forward to taking a little break around 2pm with apple pie at Woodford Station. Walking in there yesterday I knew something was not right. The store looked different and Dave Kirby was not behind the old counter. We were greeted by a friendly gal and was informed that there are new owners. I guess this happend about a month ago. No pie for sale, so we settled for ice cream. I'll miss chatting with Dave. The west fork was a little high but fished just fine.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-20-2011, 07:14 AM
http://www.woodfordsstation.com/

Salvage
07-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Hi all,

I can also confirmed that there was been a big change at the Station. Came in on Wednesday and spoke with a gentleman who seem to have little knowledge of local fishing conditions or the lesser known fishing locations in the area. When asked what information he had learned from the fishermen who came to the store; he just referred me to other businesses or guides. I didn't seem to be interested in catering to anglers and seemed to distracted by the 2 other businesses that he said he ran. The store no longer sells CA fishing licenses (although that is a common problem with isolated rural stores).

I really missed the previous owners and their home-made pie. I hope that the new owners find replacement customers for the anglers to often when there for excellent food and information.

Cheers.