PDA

View Full Version : 7.5 Foot Aluminum Pram - $130

Mr F
07-19-2011, 01:30 PM
SOLD! Thanks everyone!

Hi All,

For sale is 7 1/2 foot aluminum pram. There is some corrosion on the hull, but it's still super-solid. All welds are intact, there are no leaks, it floats well and rows great.

Includes a pair of old Carlisle oars, 3 Scotty rod holder/anchor lock mounts (with out the holders), Cliff's Float Patch, and a crappy anchor. You'll need to figure out your own seating arrangements (I used a folding camp chair held in place by bungee cords--it worked great.)

Located in San Francisco - Firm at $130.

Thanks!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-19-2011, 01:31 PM
A little used and gnarly but way too cheap...........that will easily fit in a pickup bed.

Mr F
07-19-2011, 01:37 PM
I'd have to agree, it is way too cheap. I'm just trying to recoup my [meager] investment.

. . . of course if anyone wants to offer me $3k for this lovely "vintage" and "collectable" former sailing pram please feel free to make an offer;)

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-19-2011, 02:09 PM
Yes, I saw the tiller mounts on the stern and I guess the mast hole in the bow?

That would make a great sneak boat for small ponds and tide water salmon and steelhead.

__________________________________________________ _____________________

I talked with a guy who salvaged an aluminum drift boat on, I think the Klamath River,
that was buried all the way in a gravel bar except for a small piece sticking up.

I think he had a friend dig it out with a backhoe.

Then he had a friend at a body shop straighten it up and he fishes with it today.

I guess someone lost it up river and it banged it's way down the river for some time.

He says lots of people come up and talk to him when they see his "hammer finished" boat.

Mr F
07-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Great story! With a "hammered" finish you never have to worry about scratching up your boat!

SHigSpeed
07-25-2011, 07:44 AM
Did you build that? Really cool! What's it weigh? Still have it?

_SHig

socallies23
07-25-2011, 11:46 AM
pm sent with hopes of purchase!!!!!!

Hector Lopez
07-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Sent PM as well!:fish:

SHigSpeed
07-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Funny, should've just stealth PM'd him. I stirred up the hornet's nest! :)

_SHig

SHigSpeed
07-26-2011, 06:51 AM
Sold!

Now I gotta put the wide bars on my rack...

_SHig

BobVP
07-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Hey shig,
Does this mean you will give me those elaborate plans you've so painstakingly prepared so I can weld up a pram?

Hector Lopez
07-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Wow that was fast! I didn't even get a polite answer saying I didn't get it after sending a long PM!

SHigSpeed
07-26-2011, 04:14 PM
Hey shig,
Does this mean you will give me those elaborate plans you've so painstakingly prepared so I can weld up a pram?

Nope. I'll sell you this one once I build mine from my painstakingly prepared plans! :P

_SHig