PDA

View Full Version : Fall River question

Sammy
07-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Checking on this for a friend and his wife. They want to fish next weekend on their anniversary and are considering the Fall River. (I've never fished it nor have they)

For some reason I remember hearing this is not a great river for wading. Can anyone confirm? Is is a difficult river to fish for the first time?

shawn kempkes
07-19-2011, 12:24 PM
no wading on the Fall. All fishing is done out of boats.

Troutstalker55B
07-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Your going to want a guide as it is a tough river to fish with many secrets, Dale Dennis is your man - He taught me everything I know on that river.

Jon.

Hibbygibi
07-19-2011, 05:44 PM
ck this out... he might be the type of guide your friend and his wife would enjoy...

http://www.kiene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24044

Troutstalker55B
07-19-2011, 07:03 PM
ck this out... he might be the type of guide your friend and his wife would enjoy...

http://www.kiene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24044

Hibbygibi,

George is a great guy and a legendary guide/fisherman! There are many great guides for the Fall River, but Dale Dennis was Bob Quigley’s right hand man back in THE day – Those two have some serious stories to tell about living and fishing on the banks of that great spring creek as I have heard first hand. I love the Fall because time slows down, the vast amount of aquatic insects, and the sheer beauty that place has to offer. Not to mention the public has limited access – and that’s why it is so pristine.

Jon.

Hibbygibi
07-20-2011, 02:01 AM
I was just giving the man a second option.There are some great guides around the fall, and a lot of wanna be's that don't know crap. Have bad manners and don't have a clue about river courtesy towards other fisherman.

Troutstalker55B
07-20-2011, 06:24 AM
I was just giving the man a second option.There are some great guides around the fall, and a lot of wanna be's that don't know crap. Have bad manners and don't have a clue about river courtesy towards other fisherman.

Thanks for your input! That's what makes this board so special, anglers giving other anglers good advice. Cheers!

Jon.

Sammy
07-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the info everyone. They booked a room at the Spinner something or other lodge, and rented a boat. Seeing as how my buddy is prone to accidents, I hope the boats come with life jackets. (this is the same guy who forgot to pinch his barb on the trinity, and hooked himself in the cheek... Karma)

They opted not for a guide as I think they're looking for some 1 on 1 time.

Hibbygibi
07-20-2011, 05:47 PM
I sure hope he pinches his down the hook on his flies. The new warden in the area is not making many friends. Handing out summons for numerous infractions.He is not considered business friendly for the Valley

Sammy
07-20-2011, 05:53 PM
ever since then he pinches as he buys them. :)

NorCalDrifter56
07-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Try #16 zug bug on a sslow sinking line where Spring Creek and upper Fall converge in the afternoon or early evening....

...and yes I agree taht the warden has been busy there... is presence was felt during the Hex hatch.....people were fshing late, going to fast after dark, no lights..that sort of thing.

Have fun!

Curt
"I Fish Therefore I Am"
norcaldrifter56@yahoo.com
Licensed Guide