PDA

View Full Version : Quick Surf Report

Loren E
07-19-2011, 01:17 AM
Left the house at 4:45AM, got on the water by 6:00. Fished hard until around noon and then cut out for a sandwich and a long nap in the car. Met up with Mark for the evening session and pounded it from 6:00-9:00 and then it was almost dark. Not a touch all day. I told Mark, "I don't think I was meant to catch a fish today" since conditions had been ideal...low swell, no wind, fantastic structure. I threw out a careless cast and began reeling up my line for the hike back down the beach and BAM. Statistically the chances of that have to be pretty freaking low....I'll take it though! tight lines -Loren

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p295/lorenelliott/IMGP8734.jpg

jbird
07-19-2011, 04:20 AM
Nice Loren! Ive always said, Id rather be lucky than good.

k.hanley
07-19-2011, 07:42 AM
Say hey Loren,
I was doing some film work with Mel Kreiger back in the day and he finished the session with the following advice.............."On that last presentation of the day, when nothing's been working right, just drop your rod tip to the water and begin reeling in your line. That's a sure fire way to feed a fish!"

Well sure enough he does just that -- and -- sure enough he tags a fish. With a big ol' grin on his mug he turns around to me and says..........."What? You didn't believe me?"

Congrats for tagging yet another striper bud.
Cheers, Ken

Loren E
07-19-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm with you on that one Jbird!

Ken, Mel definitely knew his stuff! Just so surprising, but the fish gods do smile on ya once in a while...anything to get that skunk stench off before the drive home ;)