PDA

View Full Version : Ar 7-15

Jgoding
07-16-2011, 08:24 AM
HI Everyone,

Was motivated enough to get out in the evening. Saw Andy drift by too. 5 minutes earlier Andy and you would've saw me landing my first stripe of the season. Only a 16"er but fun none the less.

I moved downriver to a spot I took a fish last year. Made some casts above where I wanted to fish just cuz it looked fishy, then moved down. Got bit my first cast at the end of the retrieve but broke off on the hook set. I think it was a nice fish. Out of sinking flies, I tied on a floater made a cast and got hit again but didn't stick. I just saw the swirl as my fly came flying out of the water.

One note on the river, it's changed a lot and be careful where you step if you're wading. The ledge I usually fish looked pretty solid... marble sized rocks..... except one step I sank into almost waist deep as it was just loose sand underneath, luckily I knew the area and was able to stay on the old ledge most of the time which was pretty solid.

Anne Vitale
07-16-2011, 02:35 PM
J...
I was in the boat with Andy as we drifted by you yesterday. Andy and I managed to hook two nice fish up stream --way upstream-- but thanks to my sloppy hook setting, they managaged to scamper off after a short but satisfying tussle.

Andy and I fished from Sailor Bar to Grissmill. I can barely use my right arm today... that guy is a driving fishing machine.

Thanks for the wadding advice. I plan to get out there and do some spey rod fishing for stripers now that Andy has shown me all the good spots and will heed your advice.

Anne

Jgoding
07-17-2011, 12:37 AM
Hi Anne,

good to know that was you. I was bummed when I broke off my fly, I think it was a nice fish and it was a good fly to boot. Then right after I re-tie, missing another fish really sucked.

Yeah, Andy was hauling down stream quick. The other interesting thing was some dude up by the houses trying to get me to help him with something..... He kept yelling at me and I think he wanted me to cross the river to help him find a back pack or something but I couldn't understand what the hell he wanted and I wasn't gonna swim across....