PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Guide George Durand

Hibbygibi
07-13-2011, 10:28 AM
I was on the Fall this past weekend with my God daughters husband. He had never flyfished before this trip,I know it not the easiest river to break a newbie on. ;)

After I put in at Cal-Trout and headed up stream.(very late for the Fall) I noticed that the flows were bit faster than in past years and the weeds were pretty bad.Even with two electrics it was going to be a longer run than normal.
I had half jokingly asked one gas powered pram for a tow and got no repsonse. I then asked another pram with a large gas motor for a tow up to Zug and to my surprise got a big "sure no problem", ended up being George Durand and two clients. We talked about the river and the changes that have occurred during the past 15years, the good and the bad,mostly just good conversation with some fish stories relating to some amazing fishing for north coast steelie's with the two clients that were with him and their amazing day two years ago.
If i ever want to take a guide in the north state, it will be George, not for the act of kindness and generosity, but this gentleman is just a real class act. I know it would be a very educational experience with a real guide who knows what he is doing.

Thanks again George, I really appreciated the lift, and yes we did get him to hook up on a fish or two

PS. George's contact info (530) 222-5630

Woodman
07-13-2011, 08:04 PM
I've had the pleasure of fishing with George on a number of occasions on the lower Sac and on Fall River.

Class act sums it up.

NorCalDrifter56
07-14-2011, 08:48 AM
I fished w/ George many years ago on the lower Sac and the Fall also. He has a quiet confidence and skills to envy....

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-14-2011, 05:36 PM
George Durand has a very large following and is truly a great Nor Cal veteran fly fishing guide.

I was fishing with George once for 3 days to make a fly fishing video for a television show on the Lower Sacramento River many years ago.

Under 'Guide Recommendations' on the Lower Sacramento River and the Fall River in REPORTS we have had George listed for many years.

Larry S
07-14-2011, 05:39 PM
Bill:
You are a great friend to the fly fishing community. In particular, the guides.
Hope you're feeling better.
Best,
Larry S