Jed Peters
07-07-2011, 12:56 PM
anybody know what the yuba looks like
I know it is a little high but is it running clear
I will be heading up today but if it is of color I will save the gas money
If no word I will let you guys know how it goes
Thanks
Garrett

Just got a report that the fishing was good (not great) and that pretty much you're taking your life into your own hands if you don't have a boat with the high flows.

Jed

steelheadsicko
07-07-2011, 01:23 PM
I like those odds thanks I will let you know if I don't survive......what a minute!?!?!

Scott Thornley
07-08-2011, 09:45 AM
I was practicing my two handed casting on the lower Yuba about two weeks ago when the flows were ~9000 cfs. The area where I was doing this would normally be about ~3-4 feet above waterline, and I was in a foot of water. Last I looked (last Sunday) flows were down to ~7000 cfs.

A better angler than me could probably scrape out fish, but I'm pretty sure I'd just be going on a raft trip while bringing along fishing gear...

Scott

easymends
07-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Its down to nearly 4K today. Should be rocking this weekend.

Mike Bosworth
07-08-2011, 11:15 AM
I just drove over the Yuba this morning and the water was pretty muddy. Maybe 1-2 feet of visibility. Just a heads up.

steelheadsicko
07-08-2011, 12:11 PM
lots of bugs no rises, and not just for me but the real bugs.
I fished the slower sections (staying away from the fast riffs) until dark without seeing one surface breaker, but I did hook one on a tan caddis pupa.
And I don't know where Mike was looking at the water but where I was fishing the water was about as clear as it gets, so in conclusion totally fishable.

Thanks for the replies,

Garrett

Mike Bosworth
07-08-2011, 01:23 PM
My mistake. I drove over the rive in marysville and it was dirty. Glad to hear its clear upstream.

Tony Buzolich
07-08-2011, 03:22 PM
The word is they're draining the rice fields and this comes in at Deguarre dam. It definitely is murky below the dam and into the Feather as well below the mouth of the Yuba. Above Deguarre should be okey.
TONY