PDA

View Full Version : Found in Morro Bay

BillB
07-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Yesterday I found the tip of a very expensive fly rod in Morro Bay. The tip was laying in the top of a bush at the old Standard Oil Pier. PM me for details. I hope it can get back to it's owner.

Sammy
07-05-2011, 02:32 PM
My buddy was down there all weekend. I'll send him a message, although I believe he'd be drinking on the beach somewhere rather than trying to fish

BillB
07-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Oh, and by the way, I got 0-fered! I'm beginning to feel snake bit!

Sammy
07-06-2011, 12:11 AM
ya knoowwwww
Whale rock reservoir in cayucos may, or may NOT, have a healthy population of land locked steelhead. Just saying

Mike O
07-06-2011, 09:07 AM
ya knoowwwww
Whale rock reservoir in cayucos may, or may NOT, have a healthy population of land locked steelhead. Just saying

It has some fish, but they are a PITA to get to. The park used to only be open on certain days, and the lake is completely hands-off, bank fishing only. No boats, no tubes, no chance for water contact.

As far as a healthy population, who would know?? There is ample habitat, with two streams flowing in for child rearing. It's got all the right stuff for a good population. Better off going over to the heat and fishing Santa Margarita Lake, if you wanna bank fish.

Sammy
07-06-2011, 09:13 AM
agreed it is pretty much a total pain in the arse to access. I don't even know the regs anymore so we just don't bother.

And quite frankly, Cayucos is the type of town where you should just be doing nothing... or maybe a little surfing :)

Mike O
07-06-2011, 09:15 AM
agreed it is pretty much a total pain in the arse to access. I don't even know the regs anymore so we just don't bother.

And quite frankly, Cayucos is the type of town where you should just be doing nothing... or maybe a little surfing :)

then eating dessert at the Fish Shanty...and if you haven't, you are missing OUT!!

mikel
07-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Bill, I emailed this thread to a friend in the FF club down there. If it's one of their members maybe you can get it returned.

Mao...big +1 on the Shanty deserts!!!

-Mike

BillB
07-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Ruddells Smoke house fish tacos!

Sammy
07-06-2011, 11:23 PM
second the fish tacos!!!!! That place is da shiiiiiiitttt

Mike O
07-07-2011, 11:52 AM
If I am eating fish, I am in Morro Bay at Tognazzini's Dockside restaurant.

He's a fishing boat captain, and buys from the other fishing boats in MB. Can't get much fresher than that.

Not many tourists in there either, they would rather eat at GAFCO or one of the other corporate fish houses.