PDA

View Full Version : Looking for another rod but???

Sandspanker
07-03-2011, 09:41 AM
So I have had a 7wt redington RS4 13-3 that is stated as a fast action rod. Love the feel of this rod. I had a Echo solo 8wt for a winter rod that had a deeper more trad bend to it. I liked it but I love the faster action of rod. So with buying a new rod on my mind. I am looking for a 9wt rod for large river winter time steelhead fishing. So should I be looking for a med to fast action rod since I like the action of the Redington RS4?? Thanks From another site

A fast, powerful seven weight. This rod really shines with Scandinavian style shooting tapers and the “underhand” style of casting. Great Lakes boat anglers will love this stick for overhead casting shooting heads on rivers like Michigan’s mighty Muskegon.

Rod Specs:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Line: 7
Length: 13'3"
Sections: 4
Wt. in Oz.: 8.08

Action: Fast

Guide Recommended Spey Lines
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skagit Shooting Head: 570 grain Airflo Skagit Compact or 575 grain Rio Skagit Flight

Sink-tips for Skagit Head: 11' to 13' of Airflo CCT 200, CCT 330 or Rio T-14, T-11, T-8

Scandinavian Shooting Head: 480 grain Airflo Scandi Compact or 8/9 Rio AFS with 10' Airflo Poly Leader

Sandspanker
07-14-2011, 07:40 PM
ended up with a TR 8136... love the action of it. Have it loaded it up with a 630 gr skagit. My next line will be a Delta I think