PDA

View Full Version : Yellowstone Oil Spill

Jaybinder
07-03-2011, 05:53 AM
It looks like big oil is responsable for yet another natural disaster.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/jul/03/yellowstone-river-suffers-oil-spill

Fats
07-03-2011, 09:51 PM
It looks like big oil is responsable for yet another natural disaster.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/jul/03/yellowstone-river-suffers-oil-spill

It seems Exxon strikes again...

Mike O
07-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Damn...if we could just stop using the stuff, they could stop delivering.

Jaybinder
07-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Damn...if we could just stop using the stuff, they could stop delivering.

Good point. Sometimes I forget, we all play a role in this mess.

huntindog
07-05-2011, 08:46 AM
I am sure it will be no time at all before EXXON puts out TV commercials telling us what great people they are for cleaning it up.

NorCalDrifter56
07-05-2011, 08:52 AM
'...history shows again and again how nature points out the folley of Man.....' BOC

Mike O
07-05-2011, 09:42 AM
I am sure it will be no time at all before EXXON puts out TV commercials telling us what great people they are for cleaning it up.

yeh....like that can be cleaned up, with the high water and all.

Sammy
07-05-2011, 10:55 AM
"We're Sorryyyyy"

Terry Imai
07-06-2011, 01:36 PM
The one thing that I have discovered in my many fishing trips to Montana is that state knows what activity actually "butters their bread". They will make sure they would take the necessary hides from Big Oil for the damage to their blue ribbon waters. It's too bad that California doesn't understand how much money can be generated from C&R fishing.

Mike O
07-07-2011, 11:57 AM
The one thing that I have discovered in my many fishing trips to Montana is that state knows what activity actually "butters their bread". They will make sure they would take the necessary hides from Big Oil for the damage to their blue ribbon waters. It's too bad that California doesn't understand how much money can be generated from C&R fishing.

Sure they do!! I hear that Winters, the Putah Creek campgrounds and the Pardehsza (sp?) store are just rolling in dough after the changes made to that fishery. :rolleyes:

Kyo
07-07-2011, 03:34 PM
The good news is they caught it and turned it off.
The bad news is - it's never easy to clean up.

The location was Laurel, MT near Billings so it's not
the blue ribbon part of the river you're all familiar with.
However - the lower sections east of Billings have turned into a very
nice warm water fishery with small mouth bass and some walleye.

Kyo
07-09-2011, 08:21 PM
"One concern, however, is very real. Farther downstream in the Yellowstone lives one of the country’s rarest native fish, the pallid sturgeon. Thanks to high water flows, there’s no telling how the spill will impact this endangered, prehistoric fish. " Trout Unlimited.

Forgot about the old fish way down stream. There's also populations of paddle fish at Glendive and further down stream at the confluence of the Missouri.