PDA

View Full Version : Golden Bones aka carp

Jay Murakoshi
07-01-2011, 01:22 PM
The goldens are on fire! Went this morning and the lake has come up 4' from yesterday afternoon. That means with the hot temperatures the SJ valley is having, it's sure to go over the spillway by late next week.
The carp are every where, some spawners and some eating a lot of protein before they find the big females and do their thing. No big crowds yet, but give them a few more hours and the lake will be packed.
Today was an excellent day on the water. Hooked up to 10 big fish with the largest around 18lbs a couple in the 15lb range and some 10lber's+. They were mudding in the weeds and all you had to do was have you fly in the right spot and the right time, FISH ON!
I shot a lot of video with my Canon G12 and my GoPro mounted to my chest so I will have some footage later this afternoon posted on Vimeo. I won't be back until the 4th of July crowd goes home on Tuesday.
I'm sure this is happening at all the lakes right now. We saw one fish from the bluffs that looked to be all of 25+ pounds but no way to get to the fish.

Stay tuned for the video

Jay

Scott V
07-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Thats awesome Jay, I would love to catch another big carp.

Tony P
07-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Been smacking them you know where :D. Smallies too!