PDA

View Full Version : TFO Prof. 6 piece

DFrink
06-30-2011, 02:44 PM
Anyone cast one of these, do they feel any different than the 4 piece models? I'm looking for a packable rod, thought this may work at only 20" broken down. Any experienced advise appreciated.

Dan

Scott V
06-30-2011, 03:56 PM
I have one in a 5 weight. I notice a little difference, for me it casts an intermediate line better than a floating line when I compare the same lines on both my 6 piece and 4 piece 5 weight TFO Pro rods. Not sure what that might mean but that is what I have noticed. I usually use it for when I am throwing my Type 3 line and it works just as good. I only have an issue with casting the floating line with it, it just doesn't go as far.

DFrink
06-30-2011, 04:40 PM
Thanks Scott. I'm actually considering it for packing with my tube, so I will be using the I-line most of the time. This asumes that the snow will melt this summer and I will have a place to hike to. :confused:

Scott V
06-30-2011, 08:35 PM
I'm fishing Saturday and if you want to join me and you can try it out.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-30-2011, 09:28 PM
You might want to come in and cast the 6 piece Redington CT (Classic Trout) fly rods. I think they are a little lighter action than the 6 piece TFO Pros.

I think you need to go up one line size with the TFO Pro 9' 6 piece rods.

A few years ago TFO had an overstock of 6 pc Pros because of an error in communication to their overseas factory. They had a special on the 6 piece where all dealer could sell the 6 piece at 50% off.

We sold hundreds.....

DFrink
07-01-2011, 07:17 AM
Thanks Bill. I actually have a 6wt aqualux I-line and was considering a 5wt rod so that information helps. I thought I read the CT was more of a slower action rod? I'm looking for something that will help with maximum casting distance as I will be primarily using this rod from a tube. I'll have to test them both out to see which one feels better.

Dan

You might want to come in and cast the 6 piece Redington CT (Classic Trout) fly rods. I think they are a little lighter action than the 6 piece TFO Pros.

I think you need to go up one line size with the TFO Pro 9' 6 piece rods.

A few years ago TFO had an overstock of 6 pc Pros because of an error in communication to their overseas factory. They had a special on the 6 piece where all dealer could sell the 6 piece at 50% off.

We sold hundreds.....

DFrink
07-01-2011, 07:19 AM
Thanks Buddy, but no can do. It's family stuff all weekend. I'm going to head out for an Wednesday evening in two weeks, was thinking either Fuller or Lake Valley? If you can get off early one night send me a PM and we'll talk.

Dan

I'm fishing Saturday and if you want to join me and you can try it out.