PDA

View Full Version : Davis Lake, CA report

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Go now......don't wait.

Greg F
06-17-2011, 09:04 PM
Caught fish last weekend on damsels and calibaetis. Go Bill.

Scott V
06-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Caught fish last weekend on a size 8 black wiggle tail I tie up real small.

Rockman
06-18-2011, 09:35 PM
I am heading up tomorrow, hope it will be a worthy trip. Praying to the fish gods to be kind tomorrow. Last weekend was tough on Lake Siskiyou, that full moon makes tough fishing the next day. Three weeks ago, Lake Siskiyou was on fire. I'll post a report when I'm back.

Rick J
06-21-2011, 12:06 PM
I fished with Don this weekend and we found large concentrations of fish in several locations all in around 7 feet of water and all between 3 and 6 feet in depth but for the most part they had lock jaw - managed a few fish on midges and smallish wooly bugger/damsel type patterns. Saw no damsels but pretty good concentration of Callibaetis spinners in the air.

Rockman
06-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Got up to Davis at about 8 a.m.. Plenty of guys from Sacramento getting ready to go out. Very windy early, as the morning went on, the wind tapered off. Never got glassy, just a nice ripple on the water. Everyone seemed to get about 2-6 fish, everyone worked hard for them. There were damsel's coming off, but they were not on the surface. Occasional Calibatis & Blood Midges showed, but not in any abundance. Fished type 3 line down to about 5-10 feet to get an occasional grab. Conditions were ideal, but the fish were not on an aggresive bite. My two were 17" & 18" clean silver fish with hardly any color, good fighters with no cocopods. I believe the fishing turned on as soon as I left:D. The lake looked so good filled up.
Tighter Lines Next Time
I'LL BE BACK!

gene goss
06-22-2011, 07:22 AM
Got up to Davis at about 8 a.m.. Plenty of guys from Sacramento getting ready to go out. Very windy early, as the morning went on, the wind tapered off. Never got glassy, just a nice ripple on the water. Everyone seemed to get about 2-6 fish, everyone worked hard for them. There were damsel's coming off, but they were not on the surface. Occasional Calibatis & Blood Midges showed, but not in any abundance. Fished type 3 line down to about 5-10 feet to get an occasional grab. Conditions were ideal, but the fish were not on an aggresive bite. My two were 17" & 18" clean silver fish with hardly any color, good fighters with no cocopods. I believe the fishing turned on as soon as I left:D. The lake looked so good filled up.
Tighter Lines Next Time
I'LL BE BACK!

What area were you fishing.....did you see the damsel nymphs, or adults damsels flying around.

Rick J
06-22-2011, 07:30 AM
We did see one or two adult damsels.

Rockman - I am curious if you saw those blood midges up close to identify them? There is a large tan midge that comes off in the mornings - same size as the blood midges and we saw a fair number of those coming off but no blood midges