PDA

View Full Version : Wright's Lake Browns

woodguru
06-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Are any of you aware that almost every year someone gets a Brown that's over 10 lbs. (14lbs +/-) in around October before it snows in and ices over?

Generally it's black or dk green Wooly Buggers.

DFrink
06-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Big browns in that lake. ScottV said he saw a few around 24" when we fished it last fall. I'd love to tie into one of those.

Dan

Scott V
06-15-2011, 03:27 PM
Dan those were some monsters I saw swimming around. They were hiding in the undercut banks, the undercuts were so far in the big browns could swim straight in and had no problem hiding.

So when are we going to head back up there and to that other lake as well? Drop me a message and lets get out. I am headed to Spooner on Sunday for tiger trout.

DFrink
06-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Hopefully soon! This was going to be my big summer of lake fishing... until I let my wife talk me into buying a new house up in Foresthill. Let's just say I don't advise anyone to attempt purchasing a short sale unless they have lot's of time to wait and a good amount of patients. I'll give you a call in a couple of weeks to see what your schedule looks like.

Dan

Dan those were some monsters I saw swimming around. They were hiding in the undercut banks, the undercuts were so far in the big browns could swim straight in and had no problem hiding.

So when are we going to head back up there and to that other lake as well? Drop me a message and lets get out. I am headed to Spooner on Sunday for tiger trout.

SHigSpeed
06-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Generally, Wrights sucks unless it's been planted recently, but I too have seen some big dog browns lurking around in that lake. I'd be willing to bet that you won't be able to get in yet though. Beautiful place, and no motors so it's a kayak/tube dream!

_SHig

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-15-2011, 11:04 PM
Years ago we would camp there to fish, swim and snorkel the lake.

We saw big Browns at both ends of the lake.