PDA

View Full Version : Any Lake Almanor fishing Reports?

lynnwhite44
06-14-2011, 07:06 AM
Was thinking about heading up to Lake Almanor this weekend. Has anyone fished the lake lately? I have never fished this lake before so any info would be greatly appreciated. Fly recommendations, fishing locations? Any Hex activity yet?

Thanks

Lynn

Ben J
06-14-2011, 10:11 AM
I have not fished it yet this year, but Tom at the Lake Almanor Fly Shop will be on top of the current action. Give him a call, he is very helpful. Also, his website has a report...

Good Luck and let us know how you do.

http://www.almanorflyfishing.com/

lynnwhite44
06-15-2011, 06:44 AM
I talked with Tom yesterday. Very helpful and lots of info. No hex showing yet. I'll try my luck there this weekend and give a report when I return.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-15-2011, 10:59 PM
Bill -

There is no reports of bugs coming off yet. Butt Valley usually starts first and nothing there either.

I have buddies up at the lake that are keeping me pretty well informed on the situation.

I would guess, that they will start coming off late next week. It all depends on the water temp.

Lincoln Gray
Sierra Stream & Mountain
Sales Manager
530-345-4261
lincoln@tie-fast.com

lynnwhite44
06-20-2011, 09:23 AM
I fished Butt Lake, Lake Almanor and Warner Creek. Not one bite. I was supposed to stay till sunday but I left a day early, which made the wife happy. No one was doing any good, spinners, trollers or fly rodders.