PDA

View Full Version : The Ladies Want to Play!

Mrs.Finsallaround
06-13-2011, 09:24 AM
I'm currently trying to create a women's program within Granite Bay Flycasters and looking for some local areas to try some organized fish-outs. :-k I thought maybe fishing for half pounders on the American might be a good one - although, never having fished for them, I have no idea when the best time is or how! Anybody out there willing to show us the ropes?

We have ladies with a very wide range of ability - from just starting out to fly-fishing for 15 yrs. We just did a joint clinic with the ladies from Gold Country Fly Fishers last weekend on the Lower Yuba and had a really good time. Four of the Yuba River guides showed us all kinds of priceless stuff! We would need a similar type of event on the American to start out.

Any other suggestions are welcome as well! :nod:

Mrs.Finsallaround
06-15-2011, 10:00 AM
262 views and not one reply - really? :confused:

Here's the photos from the clinic we did last Saturday: http://gbflycasters.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=5253335&pid=1269047215#post1269047215

If you don't want to reply to the post, I'd certainly welcome any positive feedback via PM... :unibrow:

gene goss
06-16-2011, 08:30 AM
Hey Robin....I think its a fine job your doing with the ladies....but....trying to learn how to fish for 1/2 pounders in the American River requires some special skills....our club has some seed money set aside for hiring guides or instructor for your program....but....you have to sell tickets for the program and pay the club back.
I did a program at Davis Lake last week that everyone learn a little more about fishing Davis Lake. I'm planning on doing another program in the fall, and your ladies group would be welcome.