PDA

View Full Version : Friday...It's Hat's Off!!

Mike O
06-08-2011, 10:16 PM
er...I mean it's off to Hat! 3 days, hopefully surrounded by the beauty of nature and the helecoptering of Salmonflies.

Wish me luck...(and I might post a report).

Morgan
06-09-2011, 08:12 AM
Gotta love hat creek.....which section are you fishing?

Dan LeCount
06-09-2011, 08:24 AM
I love me some Carbon Flats on the Hat

Mike O
06-10-2011, 06:48 AM
I have an aversion to people when I fish. Lower Hat, above the barrier. but I am sure we will stand in the crowds for a while, and I will fish for food up above by Old Station with my kids.

pgw
06-10-2011, 06:49 AM
Today through Sunday...mostly fishing Manzanita because I'm camping at Hereford Ranch but I may sneak over to Hat for a while in the evenings.

Paul

El Rey
06-13-2011, 09:09 PM
Along with PGW, I got skunked at the Carbon Flats on Friday night--managed only one missed grab. Skunked again at the PH riffle on Saturday, but finally caught a few late Sunday on a #20 caddis. Tough stream. But I'll be back.

Harlan

Mike O
06-13-2011, 10:21 PM
Fished basically one day due to unforeseen circumstances.

Saturday AM at the PH riffle. sucked as usual. My fishing, not the place. Only about 6 peeps out there @ 9AM Managed one dink above the PH, but nuttin' on the riffle. Hatches were sparse due to the overcast, and it actually starting raining real good around 12:30 to 1PM.

PM we fished down below. Had the place to ourselves, but there were 2 other cars in the parking spot. Managed one 12"er for the evening. missed a few more....par for the course.

Whoever is calling the green drake and Salmonfly hatch needs to stop. There was a decent brown caddis hatch, balling up on the surface, and back and forth across looking for places to ball up, but it was about 75% of what we usually see this weekend for the past 7 or so years. They came and went in intensity as well. We saw no more than 20 Stones and fewer than that drakes the whole evening. May have had something to do with the air temps, but it wasn't happenin', man.

Will get some pics up here momentarily.

Mike O
06-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Some Pictures, including the obligatory wildflower