PDA

View Full Version : Another great old time outdoorsman passes

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-06-2011, 12:12 AM
Bob Morton was a long time friend of ours and he had a wonderful full life.

He was one of the international psychologists who traveled the world advising large corporations about business practices many years ago.

He had some wonderful stories of his life full of adventure.

__________________________________________________ _________________________

Robert Benjamin Morton

June 13, 1912 – May 17, 2011

The Morton family, Marie West, Nancy Morton, and Lynn Morton invite you to celebrate the life and 99th birthday of our father.

June 13, 2011
2:30 PM
Sunrise Assisted Living of Fair Oaks
4820 Hazel Avenue, Fair Oaks, CA

We plan on gathering for a no-host dinner at 6:00 at Sheepherder’s Bar & Grill 11275 Folsom Blvd.

Please contact Lynn at lynn@lynnmorton.com or 510.495.4446 if you wish to attend.

Our father asked that instead of flowers, donations be made to:

Robert B. Morton PhD Fellowship Grant
Granite Bay Flycasters
4120 Douglas Blvd. #306-356
Granite Bay, CA 95746-5936

Or

The Rewilding Institute
P. O. Box 13768
Albuquerque, NM 87192

Scott V
06-06-2011, 07:27 AM
Bob was a very kind person, I spoke with him at every Granite Bay Flycasters meeting. He will be missed, my only regret is that I never got to fish with him.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-06-2011, 08:31 AM
We knew Bob for over 30 years around the fly shop and he had a wonderful life.

He and his wife and daughters all traveled the world having great outdoor adventures.

One time Bob took me and my daughters down the Lower American River in his canoe.

Bob and his wife RVed a lot going way down into the Mexican Yucatan many years ago with a group of others pulling their travel trailers.

Bob spent a lot of summers as a camp ground host in Alaska with his travel trailer.

One of his first stories he told me was while he was consulting a prison in the deep south the warden knew Bob was an angler so he arranged a remote bass fishing trip in the swamps. Bob said it was fantastic bass fishing.....

Bob is the end of a special breed of 'outdoorsmen' that I was privileged to meet and fish with in my over 40 years in the fishing tackle business.

They are now called the "Great Generation".

Before and after WWII these guys had some unbelievable hunting and fishing.