PDA

View Full Version : New Group today

Jay Murakoshi
06-05-2011, 02:59 PM
First day for my new group. EXCELLENT !!!! is all I can say. Lot's of dorado, big and small roosters and lot's of bait. Joan Reem boated her first dorado ever, actually two dorado. After what she went through yesterday with Horizon air, she deserves it. More on that subject. Tony Serpa also went through the same situation at the airport. This is Tony's first time down here and right off the bat, he landed a dorado and had many more shots at a bunch of them. I think he's amazed how fast they are and were you made you cast, is where they were and not there now. later in the morning, he caught a rooster in the neighborhood of 50 to 55lbs. His first big rooster and there were many more in the school.
I "farmed" a big dorado, a huge rooster and a "toro" that I'm glad it threw the fly. It was probably in the neighborhood of 30+ pounds. I also broke off 2" of tip off my brand new Abel rod, now I have to fine some one to replace the tip, since Abel discontinued the rods.

Tomorrow should be better. Damn what a great job I have.

Jay

Richard Wright
06-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Jay, what happened with Joan and Horizon? Whatever happened, it looks like she got there in time to go fishing the next day.

Congrats on her landing the dorado. =D> Do me a favor and ask Steve what fly she used to catch them. I think I know, but I'm still curious. :D