PDA

View Full Version : First Hatch Report 6/3 & 6/4

Hatch
06-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Fished the Delta yesterday with board regular, MALBERS. We ran far and fished hard and only had 3 small fish to show for it. Put in at New Hope at first light and fished all the way to Potato Slough. At one point, we found a spot that marked a nice school. Hopes were high, but we only got 2 grabs out of the group. Time to go back to the rivers.

Friday, I couldn't find anyone to fish with so I went alone. Back to the Feather river for a couple hours with everyone else in Nor Cal that owns a metal boat. To my surprise, there were ONLY 28 trucks/trailer rigs at Boyd's. Searched for a place that held fish and not a lot of traffic. Found one...a thousand yard stretch of water that has been holding fish lately, had a good school of small to medium stripers. They were really on the bite. Every drift through produced 1 or 2 grabs. I started out with a few small fish and then hooked and fought a scrappy 7 #er on a Foxxy Grizz, fished on a Rio 250. The fish were eating well so I decided to test out some new prototype flies given to me by the mad doctor, Charlie Bisharat. The fly's were really cool looking in the water and meant to fish slower than a clouser and the grabs were really violent. Two thumbs up on the new fly's. I ended up with 10 fish to the boat with 3 LDR and multiple other missed fish. On my last drift I hooked a fish for about 3 seconds and it came un-buttoned so I decided that I needed to make one more pass, even though I was going to be late getting home for chore duty. Tried again and ended my morning with a nice 11#er. Nice couple of hour for sure.
Hatch