PDA

View Full Version : Davis Lake

rfish
06-01-2011, 09:04 PM
I fished Davis about 2 weeks ago and pumped a few stomachs to find them full of daphnia, the kiss of death. Does anyone have any personal info if the daphnia are still the main course?
thanks, Ron

Rick J
06-02-2011, 07:20 AM
Take a look - might work?

http://paracaddis.wordpress.com/2009/09/21/targeting-daphnia-feeders/

I went up and visited Don over the long weekend - it started snowing an hour after I got there Sat morning and did not stop until Monday morning =- this was accompanied by wind. I will fish this weather for steelhead but not trout out of a boat!!!!

jayclarkflyfishing
06-02-2011, 04:51 PM
I fished today and did well midging.Very nice blood midge hatch with plenty of dry fly opportunities and also caught a few on Rickards stillwater nymph.Water temps in the low 50's with snow flurries and wind.

Jay

gene goss
06-03-2011, 08:22 AM
I know its going to rain and snow again this weekend at Davis Lake....but does anyone know what condition the access road into cow, and Jenkins are like....i have a 2 wheel drive astro van, and don't want to get stuck in the muck.

jayclarkflyfishing
06-03-2011, 09:39 AM
Gene-
Play it safe and park at Camp 5.A 2 wheel drive will only get you into trouble on the way into Cow( I heard a large engine revving up a lot yesterday coming from the Cow Creek access road.Sounded like they were stuck in the mud).Jenkins may be ok but you can access alot of the same water from Camp 5 without the hassle of getting stuck.There is still some snow on the ground on the west side of the lake.

Feel free to call me for more detailed access info.

Jay

gene goss
06-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Thanks Jay i would rather spend my time fishing, then sitting in the muck.

jayclarkflyfishing
06-04-2011, 05:08 PM
A quick update Gene...there was a mini van parked at Jenkins today before the rain started.You may be able to drive there next week if things warm up and dry out a little.

Jay

gene goss
06-04-2011, 09:54 PM
A quick update Gene...there was a mini van parked at Jenkins today before the rain started.You may be able to drive there next week if things warm up and dry out a little.

Jay

Now thats some good news....it looks like the weather for the end of next week will be a little warmer up there. Thanks

gene goss
06-05-2011, 08:02 AM
I think we talked about this last year....but...the old brain can't remember if you need a floatation device for Davis Lake or Frenchman if your fishing from a float tube.

Troutstalker55B
06-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Gene,

If your in a personal watercraft you need a PFD at both lakes and any other lake in Plumas County if your 200 feet from shore or further. You can get a ticket if the boat cop thinks it's a safety issue.

Hope to see you Friday on the lake!

Jon.

gene goss
06-06-2011, 07:12 AM
Gene,

If your in a personal watercraft you need a PFD at both lakes and any other lake in Plumas County if your 200 feet from shore or further. You can get a ticket if the boat cop thinks it's a safety issue.

Hope to see you Friday on the lake!

Jon.

Hey Jon.....Thanks....I'll be looking for you Friday.