PDA

View Full Version : anybody fly delta

steelheadsicko
06-01-2011, 10:46 AM
I am heading to Belize and was planning checking a few rods and was wondering if anyone has any helpful info for me o can share there experience with Delta airlines
thanks
Garrett

SFMike
06-01-2011, 09:27 PM
I just flew Delta back from Toronto and they charge $25 per checked bag. On the way back there were delayed flights and I almost didn't get on even though I had a boarding pass. So I would highly recommend trying to carry on your rods and reels if at all possible. That pretty much goes for any airline though!

I'm not positive about what the regs are now, but I know I've carried on 9' 4-piece rods in their tube before. Good luck!
mike

steelheadsicko
06-03-2011, 01:07 PM
thanks mike pretty nervous about this whole thing

Dan Harrison
06-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Whats up buddy, Just had a horrible time with them. My return flight from Florida was changed without notice prior to leaving California. So I had to call to change it back, which was a huge hassle. Then while in Florida they changed my return flight again to 6am the next day. I called once again to figure things out and they said my original return flight was still available. So why did they change me off a fight that is available? They couldn't give me an answer. And said we could not sit together. Delta has no customer service and Atlanta is a mess. On the way home they lost are checked at gate stroller and car seat. Then had us carry are two kids to the other side of the airport for a gate change only to change it back to the other side of the airport again. So check and recheck if your fight has been changed. As far as Rods I have never had a problem carrying mine on. Even the 10ft 7wt Helios fits in the overhead and the one time it did not I but it in the coat closet. However bring a empty duffel just in case you get stopped by TSA. You could run into some self righteous prick. That way you can go back and use the duffel to check the rods.

Kneedeep
06-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Carry your reels with you. If the rod won't fit in the overhead compartment, most likely you will not be able to carry it on.
Delta's website will have the restrictions listed.