PDA

View Full Version : Fall River Question

BobVP
06-01-2011, 07:55 AM
I realize that the Fall is mostly a spring fed river but I do remember a few years back (7 or 8?) when we needed to wade to get to the dock at Cal Trout and there was a significant current. Being one of those crazy guys that loves to canoe the Fall I am wondering what the water is like now? Or, what it may be like in late June?
Thanks,
Robert

NorCalDrifter56
06-01-2011, 10:44 AM
I was there last week on the lower river and it was raining hard. The water was up a bit and colored just a tad (as opposed to the usual crystal clear). As the water goes up it carries sediment from the banks and a lot of pland material which makes getting good drifts difficult.

It has been raing since then so I can't be sure what it will be like today, but I suspect my the end of June it will be in very fishable condition.

I usually start fishing the lower river hex hatch in late June and through July.

I hope it works out for you.

Curtis Cole
California Guide - Licensed and Bonded
530-241-9411 home
530-604-6854 cell

Darrin.Deel
06-01-2011, 02:22 PM
You might need to wade a few inches deep to get to the dock, but you wont encounter much current. E-mail me for some fall fishing river info.

Craig Nielsen
06-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Moravia:
Cal Trout has gravelled the launching area to the dock. It is no longer the grassy swamp is was last time you visited. You can drive nearly to the water as a result, which makes loading and unloading the boat much easier.

We had several guests who enjoyed great days this past week, including some excellent dry fly action. Hatches have been fair to good, the windy days have been tough for dry flies.

Feel free to ring for details.